Helping someone with depression
It’s not always easy to know how to help someone who is experiencing depression. It can be hard to know what to say or do. We all respond to situations and talk about things differently. The following approaches are designed with this in mind. They offer you a number of ways to help a friend or family member.
- Beyondblue is a national, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders in Australia.
- The Black Dog Institute is a not-for-profit, educational, research, clinical and community-oriented facility offering specialist expertise in depression and Bipolar Disorder.
- Brain & Mind Research Institute
- The mental health of Australian lawyers: A challenge for the law schools and the profession. The Tristan Jepson Memorial Fund and the Brain and Mind Research Institute through the distribution of its national study examined the actual incidence of depression in the legal profession in Australia and evaluated mental health literacy interventions targeted specifically towards the profession. Click here for results of the survey.
- Does the bar matter?
- Gibson, G. “Does the bar matter ? “Victorian Bar News, Autumn (2008), Issue no. 143, pp 57-61.